Imagine a lively, fresh, colorful salad—full of all sorts of delicious and nutritious ingredients—available whenever you’re ready to open it. Sound too good to be true? You’d be surprised. A salad box from Milk Street Café is served sealed in our single-serve packaging, making our fresh ingredients as convenient as anything you could pick up on the go.
Usually, salad containers can be a bit dull and depressing. And people who pack a lunch box or lunch bag, utilizing home kitchen food containers, don’t have it much better. Sure, it’s possible to create a great salad this way. But you also have to make sure that your plastic container is leakproof, BPA-free, and that you think about the small details, like including your salad dressing on the side. It’s a heck of a lot of inconvenience just to enjoy a light, fresh lunch.
So why not enjoy a salad box from Milk Street Café? We have everything you need to enjoy a salad bowl as if you sat down and ordered it fresh from the restaurant. But in this age of social distancing, our take out boxes are just as good, giving you everything you’ll need for a delicious, eco-friendly lunch you can enjoy anywhere. Here’s how.
How Our Salad Boxes Work
It’s quite simple: we make fresh salads and seal them in a single-serve container to maximize freshness. The result is a salad that tastes like it’s fresh from the deli checkout line. Call it “fast food”—without all of the greasiness or saltiness that you typically associate with a food box from a cheap burger chain..
Here’s how it works: browse over to our menu and look at the available “Entrée Salads.” These are robust salads that pack plenty of energy to rejuvenate you during a tough work day. Here are just a few of the selections:
- Cobb: Opt for grilled flank steak or grilled chicken over romaine lettuce, and you’ll have one of the most famous lunch salads in existence: a combination of protein power and vegetable-rich flavor.
- Buffalo Chicken: Grilled chicken is a great way to add some lean heft to a salad, but when tossed in a spicy buffalo sauce, the entire entrée is kicked up a notch.
- Chicken Caesar: Fill your takeout container with grilled chicken over romaine lettuce and you’ll have one of the classic lunches of all time.
- Grilled Pesto Chicken: Why bother with a food grade container if the lunch it contains isn’t going to be restaurant-grade? That’s why our grilled chicken over mixed greens with a pesto sauce is such a unique delight.
- Chicken Power Bowl: Food packaging is important when you want to bring your nutrition on the go. Our Chicken Power Bowl is ideal for anyone who wants a hefty punch of lean nutrition. See our homepage to find the weekly special.
- Santorini Steak: Why meal prep when you can have a restaurant experience in a single Salad Box? Santorini Steak—featuring mixed greens, Kalamata olives, and cherry tomatoes—is one reason so many of our customers love to try our salad entrees.
In addition, we offer a number of Vegetarian Salads, including the following:
- Harvest: Apples, dried cherries, butternut squash, candied walnuts, and goat cheese over mixed greens.
- Avocado Spinach: Baby spinach with romaine hearts, with avocado, chickpeas, roasted sweet potatoes, and more.
- Super Foods Detox: Chopped broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, kale, and parsley with sunflower seeds and almonds.
Classic salads also include your classic Caesar salad, a garden salad, a strawberry spinach salad, and Mediterranean avocado.
Why Salad Boxes from Milk Street Café?
You have a lot of options. A bento box, a deli, portion cups from home, reusable salad bowls from work, to-go containers from restaurants. Why not pack your own salads in food storage containers, use an ice pack, and keep everything fresh?
In a sentence? Because of the restaurant experience. Our Salad Boxes aren’t just built to be convenient grab-on-the-go items. But when you order takeout from us, you’ll have confidence that you have everything you need to sit down wherever you are and enjoy what feels like a restaurant experience. Every detail—from the dressing container to the food grade packaging—is accounted for here. You won’t have to buy expensive mason jars to pack your own lunches, and you won’t have to wait at long checkout lines to get something that tastes fresh-made.
Our single-serving salad containers are the ideal lunch for anyone who wants a salad bowl on the go. And it won’t be small, designed for tiny portion cups. It will be a full lunch experience that gives you all the energy, enjoyment, and nutrition you need to get through the rest of your day. Ditch the salad bar in the days of social distancing and forget the ice pack at home—enjoy a great, fresh salad from Milk Street Café instead.